Meatballs with wholemeal (whole wheat) spaghetti recipe
20 meatballs (or vegetarian alternative)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 - 2 400 gram cans of chopped tomatoes
Oregano, salt and pepper to taste
Splash of balsamic vinegar
300 grams of wholemeal (whole wheat) spaghetti
1. Cook 20 meatballs @ 180 degrees C for 20 minutes turning once
2. In a wok heat one tablespoon of olive oil on a medium-high heat
3. Add the chopped onion and stir fry for 5 minutes
4. Add the chopped garlic and stir fry for a further 2 minutes
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and combine.
6. Add the oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar and combine.
7. Lower the heat and leave to simmer for 20 minutes
8. Cook the wholemeal (whole wheat) spaghetti to packet instructions
9. Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and combine
10. Plate the meatballs and spaghetti and enjoy!